Loving Dad Feast for two
Celebrate your dad on Sunday, 5 September with a delicious 'Loving Dad Feast'! The ultimate dad-inspired, indoor/outdoor, prepared-ahead-of-time, easy-to-assemble tasty feast for two:
1 x Victoire Baguette
1 x Smoked Garlic Butter for the Baguette
2 x Yamba King Prawns w/ prawn salt and shellfish oil
1 x 800g Jacks Creek Cotes du Boeuf Rib Eye w/ red wine jus and cafe de paris butter
1 x Cavolo Nero Salad
1 x Rex Potato Salad
1 x Sticky Date Pudding w 18yr Glenfiddich Whisky butterscotch sauce
1 x 50ml bottle Small Batch Reserve 18yr Glenfiddich Whisky
Dad’s feast will include written cooking instructions along with a QR code link to an instructional video by Rex Head Chef Leigh McDivitt.
Loving Dad Feast cooking instructions
Yamba King Prawns
- 2 x Yamba King Prawns
- 1 x Shellfish Oil
- 1 x Prawn Salt
- Slice the prawn in half down the centre, between the legs, stop once you hit the shell on the other side. Do not cut all the way through to keep the juices in the shell for cooking.
- Take out the dark internal strip. For a richer flavour keep the brain juice in as well.
- Pour some of the shellfish oil on the flesh and season prawn salt.
- Place shell side down on the grill or pan and cook (both on high heat) Never flip the prawn. It slow cooks in its juices.
- It takes approx 3 min to 5 min until the flesh turns opal white.
- Check near the head of the prawn as it takes longer to cook there.
- Take off the heat and devour immediately!
800g Jacks Creek Cotes du Boeuf
- 1 x 800g Rib Eye
- 1 x Sea Salt
- 1 x Cafe de Paris Butter
- 1 x Red Wine Jus
- Remove Rib Eye from packaging and leave at room temp for at least 15 min. It helps the meat cook evenly.
- Prepare your BBQ or Grill/Pan so it’s nice and hot!
- Preheat the oven to 220° if not using a BBQ.
- Rub olive oil on both sides of the Rib Eye and season with the flakey sea salt. Be generous with the salt as it creates a delicious crust and helps seal in the juice.
- Once your grill/pan is nice and hot, place the Rib Eye flat on the hot surface then cook each side for at least 3-5 min till a nice crust is formed.
- Next step is to close the lid on the BBQ OR place the Rib Eye in the oven at 220°C.
- Cook a further 3 min then flip for another 3 min.
- Take off the heat and put aside to rest for 12 min - cover loosely with foil.
- Prepare your red win jus in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- MEDIUM RARE: once rested you can flash again for 2 min either side on the BBQ/Pan or Grill or dive in and enjoy straight away!
- MEDIUM WELL: once rested cook for an extra 8 min per side.
- If you are slicing the steak prior to serving it’s best to slice thinly for better texture and flavour.
- Place the sliced steak on a warm dinner plate, spoon on red wine jus and add the Cafe de Paris so it melts over the meat.
Cavolo Salad and Potato Salad are ready to serve and eat with your mouthwatering Cotes du Boeuf Rib Eye!
Sticky Date Pudding with 18yr Glenfiddich Butterscotch Sauce
- Warm pudding and sauce separately for 30secs to 1min on high (depending on your microwave).
- Place pudding in a bowl.
- Pour butterscotch over the top.
- Crack open a bottle of 18yr Small Batch Reserve Glenfiddich Whisky (neat is best!).
- Sip whisky, feast on pudding!
Loving Dad Feast is a limited Father's Day offer.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-order.
Pick up only on Saturday, 4 September from 4pm - 8.30pm. Please nominate a time for pick up and include a contact phone number for pre-payment.